** Enrolments for 2020 NOW OPEN - Download form below **
or Contact: AlphPS.Music@gmail.com
or Contact: AlphPS.Music@gmail.com
Click here to download the Group Singing Enrolment Form.
The Out Of Hours Music Program provides parents and students with convenient access to reputable music teachers and music tuition in order to extend the student’s learning.
Individual lessons are offered in piano, violin, guitar, singing, percussion, trombone, trumpet, tuba, clarinet, flute and saxophone. Group lessons are offered in recorder, ukulele and singing.. The group music classes in recorder are generally a richer and more enjoyable experience for younger students than the individual classes, and provide a great opportunity for the children to commence their musical journey. (Note : Ukulele is currently only available to students in Grade 2 and above)
Participation in the School Ensemble is another option for students playing an instrument (even if they are not learning that instrument through the OHMP). The Ensemble practices on a Friday lunchtime and provides the children with an opportunity to perform at school assemblies, school functions (such as the Fair, Picnics, Art Show) and other external events throughout the year.
Group Singing lessons for Foundation to Grade 4 students. Mondays, 3.45-4.30pm.
Lessons are held in half hour time slots between 3:35 and 6:35 pm Monday to Thursday, except Recorder and Ukulele which are held only on Wednesdays at 3.35pm, and Group Singing which is only available on Mondays 3:45 - 4:30pm. All lessons and rehearsals are hosted at the school.
Music Program Fees and Charges (2020)
- A fee of $15 per family enables program resourcing and an end of year concert
- Piano and percussion students only: An additional levy of $25 per family enables maintenance and tuning of pianos and drum kits
- Ukulele students only: An additional levy of $5 per term applies for printed materials
- The Schedule of Recommended Fees is based on the Victorian Music Teachers’ Association* (VMTA) recommended rate of $80.00 per hour. The rate applies to the program as follows –
- Individual lesson (30 mins) $40
- Group – Recorder (30 mins) $16 + GST
- Group – Ukulele (30 mins) $15
- Group Singing (45mins) $12 - $14 (TBC)
- Group – Ensemble (45 mins) $15
- Fees are invoiced by and payable direct to the music teachers on a term basis, normally falling due at the beginning of each term
Note : ENROLMENT IN THE MUSIC PROGRAM IS FOR THE WHOLE SCHOOL YEAR. Early withdrawal from the program requires 5 weeks’ notice of termination to the teacher and full payment for all lessons during the notice period.
The following teachers are currently licensed to deliver timetabled lessons at the school:
- Sofia Chapman
Sofia is an experienced piano teacher. She is also a performer with Vardos and a composer for film and theatre.
- Claire Higgins
- Sariah Xu
- Chris Dunn
- Steve Dowell
- Marco Cascarino
- Tanis Douglas
- Sid Brommer
Sid played guitar and studied in Essex UK, NZ and Victoria (Aus). Sid has played in bands since age 11. He has held 2 guitar seminars in Wellington NZ and played bass guitar professionally in a 3 piece band for 7 month stint. Sid has played and sang as a solo act for a number of years in NZ and Victoria. Sid teaches acoustic guitar, classical guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, and occasionally ukulele.
- Robert Rizzo
- Clare Harris-Fatouros
If you have any questions, or are interested in joining the OHM committee, contact us at AlphPS.Music@gmail.com.
0425 760 561
0400 090 460
0414 654 226