The Carbon Sink Project aims to provide educational and professional support to the nine participating inner-city schools on their road to becoming carbon sinks.
The main aims are:
- to try to off-set resource and energy use at school
- to manage energy use at school through behavioral change and green technology procurement (new and retrograde)
- to provide educational programs that develop student awareness and the importance of sustainability and the environment for future generations
- to provide network support and professional mentoring/ discussion for teaching staff across the cluster
- to develop partnerships with local businesses and organizations
- to influence behavioral change through school communities
- to explore and trial carbon off sets and trading.